The competition is open to anyone living within the borough of Epsom and Ewell, and is open to all ages.
There are three categories:
- 10 and under
- 11 to 17
- 18 and above
So it’s time to send us your best photos of quarantine life.
Yes, that’s right, what better way to celebrate all that extra time we get to spend with our loved ones than to take that one perfect picture that encapsulates this year’s theme:
My life in isolation
You can interpret that theme any way you like. It can be crazy, serious, funny, artistic, the choice is yours. It could be of a person, an animal, an object, even the view out of a window.
But all photos MUST be taken in your home or in your own garden/property while adhering to the isolation rules.
All photos will be judged on three criteria – originality, creativity and quality with cash prizes for the winning entries. You don’t have to own an expensive camera and whether you take your photos on a phone, iPad or Canon, we want to see your bursts of inspiration and/or fun.
Closing deadline for entries is the 1st of May 2020.
Submissions must be sent to email@example.com and have as the subject SEIFF PHOTO 2020 ENTRY. Full details are below.
By entering the competition, entrants confirm that they have read, understood and agree to be bound by the following competition rules:
- 1. The SEIFF Local Photographer of the Year 2020 competition is open to everyone living within the borough of Epsom & Ewell.
- 2. Entrants must like the Satisfied Eye International Film Festival page at www.facebook.com/satisfiedeye before submission
- 3. Entrants must submit a maximum of one photo with the theme of ‘My life in isolation.’
- 4. Entries must be received no later than midnight on 1 May 2020.
- 5. Photographs must be taken in your home or in your own garden/property while observing isolation rules.
- 6. All submissions must be the original unedited photo. No post production, Photoshopping, colour grading etc is allowed although we will allow cropping.
- 7 Files must be submitted as jpegs with a maximum file size of 5mb.
- 8. Each photo MUST be submitted with the following information:
Full name of photographer, age of photographer, postcode AND a title for your photograph.
- 9. For those entries by anyone under the age of 18 a parent or guardian MUST submit the application using their own email, with the above information of the photographer, even if the photographer has their own email account.
- 10. Only one submission per person but there are no limits on submissions per household.
- 11. Entry shall only be valid if all of the above submission requirements have been adhered to.
- 12. The winners of the competition shall be decided by a panel of judges (see below) and who shall decide, in their absolute discretion, the winners.
- 13. The decision of the judges shall be final and binding and no correspondence shall be entered into by SEIFF.
- 14. The copyright of any photograph entered into the competition shall remain with the entrant. However, entrants consent to SEIFF displaying submitted images for any publicity and/or promotional activities related to the SEIFF Local Photographer of the Year 2020 competition both online and in a public place.
- 15. No alternative to any prize is available and the prizes shall be non-transferable.
- 16. Anyone not living within the borough will be disqualified.
- 17. Age of entrant shall be deemed as their age as of 1 May 2020.
- 18. SEIFF takes no responsibility for work not received.
How to Enter
Submissions must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject SEIFF PHOTO 2020 ENTRY
Entry is free.
18+ category – £50 cash prize plus a full pass to the Satisfied Eye International Film Festival
11-17 category – £50 Amazon voucher
10 and under category – £50 Amazon voucher
Winning images along with those shortlisted will be displayed at the Satisfied Eye International Film Festival and at www.satisfiedeye.com
CHRIS HASTINGS – Artistic Director of SEIFF and an Epsom resident, Chris is a BAFTA winning, Emmy nominated writer, director and producer who has worked with numerous high profile names both in front of and behind the camera, from Stanley Tucci to Vilmos Zsigmond and has worked on projects ranging from Saving Private Ryan to Star Wars. He also claims to make the best brownie you will ever eat in your life.
JOHN MCMURTRIE – Multi-award-winning Epsom music photographer John is the official photographer for IRON MAIDEN, METAL HAMMER magazine top photographer and go to guy for Rock and metal in the music industry.
CAI TAYLOR – Cai is one half of Epsom based design agency Cai and Kyn and co-founder of Once Upon a Town magazine. Cai has art directed international magazines such as Icon and Kodachrome where he’s been fortunate to work with some of the worlds best analog photographers.
KRULA – Like sting or Madonna, Krula is a portrait photographer who only needs one name who loves working with people. What Krula looks for in photography is balance in lighting, composition, framing, subject. “Balance is what makes a great picture.”
ADA VAUGHAN – A Canadian director and producer, Ada provides consultancy services for the Academy Awards and was named as one of the Emerging20 Filmmakers at ReelWorld Film Festival and one of the eight select director participants chosen for the Women in the Director’s Chair at Banff.
For further enquiries email email@example.com