Terms & Conditions
Welcome to Once Upon a Town, provided by Cai and Kyn Limited (“we”, “us”, “our”). Access to and use of this website (“Once Upon a Town”) is provided by us on the basis of a number of important terms and conditions, which are set out in full below.
You should carefully read these terms and conditions (“terms”). When you use Once Upon a Town, you will be legally bound by these terms, which will take effect from your first use of Once Upon a Town. If you do not agree to be legally bound by these terms, then you should not use Once Upon a Town.
These terms apply generally to the use of Once Upon a Town. Any facility (“Comment Facility”) that we may make accessible to you through Once Upon a Town, enabling you to post messages, comments, information, material or content (a “Contribution”), may have additional special terms attached. If and when a Comment Facility becomes available, you will need to read and agree to be legally bound by those special terms before you post a Contribution or use those sections. If you do not agree to be legally bound by those special terms then you will not be able to post a Contribution.
Once Upon a Town is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person in a country where that distribution or use would be contrary to local laws or regulations.
Changes to Terms
We are continually seeking to update and improve Once Upon a Town. As a result, we may make changes to the website, including these terms, at any time. You will need to review these terms regularly so that you are aware of any changes we have made. You will be legally bound by the updated or amended terms from the first time that you use Once Upon a Town after we post the changes on-line.
Once Upon a Town Content
The rights in materials, images, information, data, trade marks, trade names and logos and other content included on Once Upon a Town (“Once Upon a Town content”) are owned by us or the relevant third party content owner. All rights are reserved and acknowledged. As Once Upon a Town content is protected by a variety of third party rights, you may not copy, adapt, re-publish, make available to the public or print off copies of Once Upon a Town content in any way, or use it other than as part of Once Upon a Town and for your personal non-commercial use, without our prior written permission.
Information which we provide through Once Upon a Town is in outline for information or entertainment purposes only. You should not rely on it.
Third party websites
We do not monitor the content of third party websites and any link provided on Once Upon a Town is solely for your convenience. We cannot therefore accept any responsibility for any third party website. You are responsible for checking and complying with the terms and privacy policies applicable to your use of any third party website.
The extent of our responsibility to you has been determined in the context of the following:
- access to Once Upon a Town is provided to you free of charge;
- it is your responsibility to determine the suitability of any Once Upon a Town content for any particular purpose to which you wish to put it;
- Once Upon a Town does not give instructions and you are responsible for any action or decision you take or do not take as a result of Once Upon a Town content;
- It is your responsibility to ensure that your equipment is enabled with appropriate up-to-date virus checking software before you access or use Once Upon a Town.
Whilst we will endeavour to ensure that Once Upon a Town is available to you and that content for which we are responsible is accurate, we cannot make any legal commitment or representation to you that Once Upon a Town will be available at any particular time or that it or any Once Upon a Town content will be of any particular quality or fit for any particular purpose. However, we will exercise reasonable skill and care in providing any service to you.
We can accept no liability to you for any of the following types of loss (should you suffer any of them as a result of your use of Once Upon a Town):
- loss which was not foreseeable to you and us when you first accessed or registered to use Once Upon a Town (even if that loss results from our failure to comply with these terms or our negligence);
- any business loss you may suffer, including loss of revenue, profits or anticipated savings (whether those losses are the direct or indirect result of our default);
- loss which you suffer other than as a result of our failure to comply with these terms or our negligence or breach of statutory duty;
- any loss suffered due to the default of any party other than us.
We do not give any commitment that Once Upon a Town or any Once Upon a Town content will be available uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that Once Upon a Town or its supporting systems are free of viruses or bugs.
We can accept no liability to you if we fail, or are interrupted or delayed in the performance of any obligation because of:
- the non-availability or failure of any telecommunications or computer services, systems, equipment or software operated or provided by you or any third party;
- any other event not reasonably within our control.
We do not give any commitments or accept any liability to you in respect of Once Upon a Town content provided by other users of the website or third parties other than us.
Nothing in these terms will limit our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence.
To the extent that we are practically able to do so, we may terminate your access to any part of Once Upon a Town at any time without notice if you breach any of the terms.
If any of these terms are determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable then the remaining terms shall remain in full force and effect.
These terms shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. If you are a consumer, then you may have rights to bring court proceedings in the courts of the country in which you are domiciled. Otherwise, to the fullest extent permitted by law, you and we shall bring all court proceedings in the courts of England and Wales.
© Cai and Kyn Limited. Studio G01 Adelphi Court, 1 East Street, Epsom, KT17 1BB